Re: Pulmonarias in November & Northern Sea Oats & Oak Leaf Mulch

In a message dated 11/07/1999 5:44:13 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
CCREDUX@aol.com writes:

<< I had to get rid of a LOT of Northern Sea Oats (Chasmanthium latifolia).
 had gone WILD in my back border.I mowed about 4/5 of it down. Of course, I
 sure it will return next spring. Will Round-Up kill it? Is there a better
 product to use to kill it?
 It is quite striking---particularly in the Fall---but enough is enough >>

Hi Clyde
Yes, however beautiful Northern Sea Oats is, it can be quite the take over
artist by its nature to self seed. It is easy to kill with Round Up or can be
controled by timely applications of  pre emergence.