Re: Hosta College/Future AHS Convention

In a message dated 11/11/1999 6:35:14 PM Central Standard Time,
Giboshiman@aol.com writes:

<< CCREDUX@aol.com
 writes:

 << in the Annapolis >>

 And all this time I though it stood for "Indian no place"  as the indians
had
 no place in the fort!

 Kevin P. Walek >>
LOL!
 This is off-subject, but may have a little relevance to the pronunciation of
hosta names.Natives pronounce Indianapolis==In-duh-nap-liss.(accent on
"nap.":-))   I THINK natives of New Orleans(I was a student at Tulane my
first year in college) pronounce New Orleans==Noo Ar-yens. Yankees pronounce
Houston==House-ton.Natives of Chicago pronounce it ==Shi-caaa-ga.

How do you pronounce hostas ending in "-ana?"===ann-ah? ain-ah? ah-na?
Is Tokudama==DAMN-a or Dah-muh or Day-muh?
Fortunei?==Forchun-eye? fore-toon-ee-eye?

Clide Crickett