sharing

Hi folks,
Just had to tell all of you about my group of hosta seedlings now know as the
X Files. Where they came from, I have not the foggiest. The label has just
disappeared. When the little fellows began to leaf out a few weeks ago, they
really caught my attention. About one-fourth of the plants are a lovely soft
creamy yellow. Upon first seeing them I said to myself they will never make
it. Since the substance seemed more than adequate, I gave a few of them a
fighting chance. They continue to grow and look stronger each day. The other
three-fourths are very dark in color. They came up with crinkles, ruffles and
dimples. A few of these were streaked. Several of the leaves look as if they
have been waxed. I just had to pot a few of these strange looking seedlings.
To myself, I said I will just do 9 to see what they grow up to be. A few days
later I felt compelled to transplant another 9. Today I finished potting 72.
It seems I just can't leave them alone. Today I discovered they are
developing bright red petioles. One of the brightest yellows makes a real
contrast against this lovely red.
If all of this work is in vain, I have still gotten its worth just watching
them for the past weeks. Sure wish My computer would do an aging enhancement
to show them to me five years from now. We do it with people. Where is the
wizard that can do it for plants?
Another thought for consideration how small is too small? A new seedling from
Lakeside Baby Face now has 7 leaves yet the plant is only about the size of a
nickel.
Mary