Re: Yesterday

At 01:25 PM 11/19/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Gerry,
>You are indeed lucky not to have voles in your area.

Dan,

Unfortunately, the dearth of voles comes with a price, I think.  Next door
neighbor (the one that gifted me with the pile of leaves) also keeps
anywhere from 5 to 20 free-roaming cats, number depending on who's been
pregnant lately and who's fallen victim to Outer Drive. They do so much
hosta damage themselves that I don't know which is worse, cats or voles.
(And before I get flamed, I have a lovely Siamese myself, neutered and
trained since kittenhood not to leave the yard.)

By the way, I finished the humongous pile last night. Total of 23 hefty
bags full. I anticipate about that many again when I get my own raked and
ground. This has truly been a banner year!

Gerry