Re: Microwaving soil (Was: Re: deli-containers)

Gerry, how about if you wet the soil before putting it in the microwave.  The
little Styrofoam bits are bound to melt in the microwave.  I just don't
relish the thought of putting the soil into the oven and perfuming the house
with the smell.  My family have to put up with enough from me without having
me stink up the whole house.

Anytime dry material is being microwaved it is a good idea to put a cup of
water into the microwave with it.  Sometimes common sense does not prevail.
Sometimes only about half my brain functions and that is always the right
half and you know what the right half does.

Thanks,
Narda