Re: [nise] Seedlings in salad bar containers

In a message dated 11/21/1999 6:45:17 AM Eastern Standard Time,
BSteg46464@aol.com writes:

<< They said to put in 1" of ProMix, saturate it with water, and
 then to microwave it on high for 4 minutes to sterilize the soil.  Are there
 different types of these containers?
 I tried this and suffered "container meltdown" after about 1 minute. >>

Hi Bev,

I successfully cooked my dirt in the oven and then placed it in the
containers I was going to use.  By the way, some frozen dinners have great
containers for starting seeds AND they are microwavable.  Only drawback is
that the seedlings must be watered more frequently once uncovered, and
transplanted earlier than seedlings started in deeper containers.

Good Luck!

Lori Johnson