Re: Microwaving soil (Was: Re: deli-containers)

At 07:18 AM 11/22/99 EST, you wrote:
   Seed germination is a great big learning experience,
>glad I took it on.

It's exciting, isn't it? I started hibiscus hybridizing four years ago, and
just last year produced my first viable seeds. For  the first two years I
was really, REALLY frustrated!  I did everything the Hibiscus Mail List
told me to do, but just kept shooting blanks. But now I seem to have gotten
the hang of it. A seedling planted August 98 just produced my very first
flower (and it's beauteous!) and a bunch of the seedlings I planted last
year have buds. I'm thrilled. Every morning I go down to the greenhouse
before work and play bee.

>I don't care if its gas powered or what when the neighbor gets up at seven
>Sat. morn and starts his leaf blowing he is in serious danger.  Not that I
>mind, but everyone else that lives her gets up and starts stomping around,
>including the dog.

LOL. My neighbor (the one that has the cat farm and gives me his leaves)
owns every gas powered, lawn and garden care, Anti-Christ machine known to
man, and he uses them, one after another, starting early Saturday morning.
Every Saturday morning.

>What did we ever do before we acquired all these conveniences?

Well, developed consumption and rickets and terminal childbirth and died
before the age of 40, generally. However, we probably died with hearing
intact, since the gas powered engine and BoomBox hadn't been invented yet.

Gerry  :-)