Re: Winter (Was: Re: Hosta People)

In a message dated 11/23/1999 4:34:24 AM Pacific Standard Time,
eoneill@ibm.net writes:

<<  was just about to ask the group what hosta-open people talk about during
 the long, dark days of winter.

 Now I know.

 Gerry (also smiling) >>

Gerry and all,
Some of us are talking about the seedlings that are allready coming up.
I started my seedlings three differen't ways to see which worked best for me.
I don't know a lot of the scientific about what can produce viable seeds and
what the seeds will look like. Most of mine are open pollenated.
My Artic Rim is going nuts...lots of seedlings up right away.
Bianca too has lots of seeds that have started.
Salute, Great Expectations, Marion Bachman, Golden Septor, Glorosia, Fan
Dance, Herifu, Hydon Sunset, Ground Master, Sun Power, Pacific Blue Edger,
Decorata, and Blue Arrow all have seeds starting.
My Salute has all green except one gold. Golden Sceptor has 1 gold and the
rest green. Bianca; 1 gold and the rest green. And Golden Bullion has 3 gold
and 5 green. Wow what colors...
And here we finally got  winter starting...woke up to snow covered
everything. Huge flakes falling at first, are smaller flakes now. Supposed to
keep snowing today.
3 inches and not sure how much more.

Wish I didn't have anywhere to go today...

Paula
Blaine, Mn