Re: Thoughts for the day

Mary - as always you have brought up good points.  I noticed long ago that
my favorite dish of strawberries doesn't have the flavor it use to have.
Then I noticed that the wild strawberries not doctored by our tampering had
the flavor I thought lost.  Also while traveling in Argentina I found they
don't use genetically altered plants.  Those fruits and veggies had more
flavor.   I'm not saying that our knowledge has not been beneficial but
sometimes too much is not a good thing either.   As to weather, I think we
as a society are to blame.  For starters, back in the mid 70's Russia
undertook a project that would alter the flow of several major rivers in
order to supply water for farming in other areas (OMNI magazine).   This
change has an impact that scared researchers back then but they were
ignored.  Also while we have come a long way on pollution standards other
countries have not.  A city where I spent some time when I was very young no
longer has drinkable water because of mercury and lead poisoning.  The sky
there is also red.  My fathers birthplace is working hard to clean up after
years of dumping.  I am not a hard core environmentalist but I am a realist.
God gave us a task of guardianship of this planet until we realize that the
bottom line is not money but our survival as a species wellll.......  '

Enough morbid thought.  May everyone in this group have a wonderful day.
   Why am I most thankful?
      I am most thankful that I have people like you that care that I can
write to.
      I have my family and friends that can sit down to a meal without worry
of bombs.
      I can argue about hosta and not be suppressed for my thoughts or
words.
      I have my health and my mind where I can do something positive.
      and so far the Lions are winning despite a room full of Bear fans...
Know that all of you have made a bright spot in someones life and while we
don't always agree we can laugh it off and find other things to enjoy!

Yours,
Kate

>myself that a red hosta is what I want anyway. To me the relaxing colors of
>the hosta garden are just about perfect. I love the cool soft colors that
are
>displayed and discovered a long time ago that red was not a color I wanted
>among the shade plants that I grew among the hostas and ferns.........This
is Thanksgiving and I am giving thanks. We are having rain. This is our
second since late June. I wonder if this drought is also some effect of
man's playing with Mother Nature?