Re: Thoughts for the day

Hullo Mary,
This is to wish you -and Roy!- a very happy Thanksgiving.
All  the early Packards of America, and my family, are descended from
Samuel Packard who sailed with his wife Elizabeth on the 'Dilligent' from
Ipswich [in the county of Suffolk, England] in April 1638 arriving in
Hingham, Massachusetts on the 10th August.  They were brave !!
The reason I can quote you so accurately is that I had to look up some
family history for 'The Times' newspaper who were publishing an obituary for
my dear father who passed into another life, last Saturday, aged 96+
His funeral is next Tuesday, in Melton, Suffolk [about 8 miles from Ipswich]
and we are having a simple service.  I shall be reading Psalm 121 to what I
know will be a good congregation.
So these are rather sad times but I was much cheered the other day when you
said that Roy smiled when he read the magazine cutting ........ that was
exactly what I intended !!
Thank you for all your mailings.  When I have more time I will comment on
various points....... but I dooooooo agree with you about red petioles !!
With best wishes to you both
Charlie
UK