Re: Guidelines for Phoenix Hosta Robin

> (1)     Only material which promotes education about the genus Hosta and
> activities which support that goal are permissible. Messages which can
> be considered to be personally abusive, offensive, or allegedly libelous
> shall also be prohibited  Such communications which are not allowed
> might include verbal attacks on individual robin members, organizations
> or sub groups of organizations, jokes that are unsolicited and fall into
> non-horticultural subject matter, and all messages that are abusive or
> offensive in nature as determined by the ListOwner.
>         Private messages sent to the ListOwner, or to any member of this
> Robin, which are generated because of other messages sent to this Robin,
> and which harass, abuse, or are otherwise offensive, are grounds for
> permanent rejection from the list when presented to the ListOwner for
> action.

Carolyn, and all Robins,
  Has anyone ever asked whether the rules themselves may be offensive,
thereby causing the permanent removal of the Listowner??? The rules
offend me. Do they offend anyone else?
  Now that Barbara Z., and Narda A. are permanently removed - only
because they have a sense of humor - I must speak my mind. They are two
of the Robin people who are the LEAST likely to ever offend anyone.
   And please, everyone must realize - we all agreed to the old rules of
the old AHS sponsored Robin when we signed up.  Now we have this Robin
with no AHS affiliation, and rules that are even MORE restrictive.  We
were all AUTOMATICALLY  signed up for this new Robin, and no one who was
on the old robin was ever asked if they agree to these new rules.  I did
not agree to them - and I don't agree to them, now!!  Remember the old
adage - "Power corrupts. Abosolute power corrupts ABSOLUTELY".
   I am completely appalled that this totalitarian rule has been given
to you, Ms. Schaffner.  And you seem to be using it well. Soon, you will
find yourself very much alone on your little Robin.
   So, Ms. Schaffner, I am certain to have offended you in this posting,
and I'm sure I will be permanently removed. Oh, darn. I'm going to go
cry in my coffee, now.  I suggest you take the stick out of your butt,
and attempt to use it to tickle your funny bone once in awhile.

Diane Frederick
Cleveland Hts., OH