Hostas Indoors?

Folks, I have a question. Well, several questions asking
specifics.

I know hostas need a dormant period, and I've heard that 8
weeks dormancy was sufficient for them. First question, is
this true?

Next, what if I wanted to refrigerate/freeze hostas? How
would I go about doing this? I thought about it this
weekend, and I obviously don't have room to stick 4-5 pots
in my refrigerator crisper. What would happen if I wrapped
the crown and roots in newspaper and 'crisped' them?

I have a pretty big freezer in the garage and I thought
about using that. At first I thought that would be crazy and
kill them, but then I thought about you folks in Minnesota
with snow up the ying-yang, and thought, hey, why not? So,
what would happen if I put hostas in the freezer? Again,
would I wrap it in newspaper?

Anyone ever try this? Anyone ever written an article that I
could read?

I'm thinking if I did this now, they would be ready to take
out in mid-December, where I can grow them indoors for a
while, and let the ones I have inside go dormant about mid
January. Kinda start a rotation program till spring, then
put them outside again.

What do you guys think would happen?

Thanks for the input,

Lu (Atlanta, Zone 7B)