Re: gore

----- Original Message -----
From: Frances C <Frances@taconic.net>
To: <hosta-open@mallorn.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 08, 2000 7:37 AM
Subject: Re: gore

> >  DO WE REALLY NEED ANOTHER PATHOLOGICAL LIAR FOR PRESIDENT?

I was raised as a democrat but have not been for quite some time now.  I
have tried to understand why the failed democratic programs continue and it
does not make any sense.  Smaller government and less taxation is a must if
we are to survive in this great country and stay great.  Government should
not attach the very source of their power.

Thank you Frances!  I am trying to stay out of this but it is extremely
hard!  I wish I was a better debater.  The office of president is an office
of public trust.  We have not had that for the last eight years.  This whole
issue goes much deeper than most Americans realize.

TRUST?  I would not trust gore if my life depended on it and it may just
come to this with the China deals that have gone forth in this
administration.  gore is a Clinton advocate. (have I heard "advocate" linked
with another?) gore seems to have learned well from Clinton. I find it
strange that when people are pulled into the circle of Clinton they become
like him.  Doesn't it make you wonder what makes them change so?  Look at
Liberman, (a positive choice for gore) he was solely against the horrible
things hollywood is putting out and said so, and now he is praising
hollywood?  How many other changes will he make?  Why can't gore tell the
truth about anything?  He is horribly insecure (IMO).  Do we need that kind
of instability in the WH looking over our lives and especially the future of
our children and grandchildren?  Excuse the repeat,
but.......................... gore is a Clinton advocate.

I believe in politics there are things that always go on that shouldn't but
not the likes of this administration!    It has not been about America, the
American people and the American way of life but about Bill and Hillary and
the power they crave and hope to attain.  Believe me, Bill and Hillary are
not going to go away and if gore wins they will start their stranglehold on
America.  There is evil power behind them.  I am not dreaming.

In The Name of Freedom
by Drake Raft
July 4th, 1998
The night fell fast, I found myself alone,
A DC summer storm was blowing in,
I stood at the tomb, these soldiers unknown,
and knelt and prayed for the rain to begin.
Not for the monuments nor any money,
nor pomp, circumstance, nor the pedant's pride,
the politician's smile, nor lawyer's fee,
for these present treasures, none of them died.
I ran to Jefferson to read the wall,
to make sure that God was still written there,
then to Washington, and across the Mall,
where Lincoln invoked his immortal prayer,
Winded and ragged, lightning everywhere,
I slowed to a walk, pondered what would be,
if God's great Enlightenment weren't there,
we could still be brave but never be free.
I found comfort in the Mall's mud and rain,
without mines nor cannons nor raining shells,
so free from fear, iniquity, and pain,
because thousands had endured a thousand hells.
And I found myself back before the tomb,
humbled by the humbled, with naught for name,
shivering, though they had the colder room,
sans light, nor sound, nor tomorrow, nor fame.
I thought for a moment, what it could be,
the center and circumference of their dreaming,
it must have been the prophet's poetry,
that granted their souls eternal meaning.
So judges and Congressmen, please don't forget,
the reason these patriots picked up swords,
not for perks nor power were their deaths met,
but for honor and duty-- for mere words.
So do take pause before telling a lie,
for there's one more thing I saw on that night,
as the wind and the rain began to die,
I walked away, turned, and beheld a light.
Wil'O'wisp, reddish light, sailor's delight,
It hovered there-- just above the tomb's stone,
As fading thunder whispered to the night,
"Freedom's the name of all soldiers unknown."

IMO the destruction that has been done in these last eight years we have
only to see in the coming administrations.  I just hope that if Bush is
elected (and he has my vote) that he does not get blamed for all the things
Clinton has done by executive privileges(more than anyother president in
history).  We will have to wait and see.

I hope this does not upset anyone, it is not intended to, just my humble
opinion.  Beth Arnold