Political Debate

Well, I've been trying to keep score a bit, and here's the result as I
see it:

If you are a Republican, or a conservative if your prefer, you don't
like Al Gore and think he's a pathological liar.

If you are a Democrat, or a liberal if your prefer, you don't like
George Bush and think he's a moron.

So far, I can't remember any Republican saying they like George Bush, or
any Democrat saying they like Al Gore, indicating to me that if their
own constituents can't say anything good about them, we may have to
consider the possibility that neither one of them is worth electing.
Unfortunately, one or them is going to be President next year.

Beyond that, if all we care about is whether or not we like the guy,
since issues don't seem to have much of a place in the debate, either
here or nationally, maybe we should consider making the Presidency a
ceremonial position and just let Trent Lott and Tom DeLay run the

Me, I'm thinking about moving to Denmark.  I'm sure you will all miss