Re: Political Debate

chick wrote:

> I think it was me that time too, he's tried before.  Kind of like my dad, he just
> can't bring himself to give up on me.
> I guess you could say Ran's set in his ways.  Sorta conservative.
> Chick

I'm waiting for the candidate whose slogan is "A Hosta in Every Yard" . . . I had
some hope when Nader established the Green Party (although to be fair this does have
conotations of chlorophyll rather than filthy lucre). In my neck of the woods, as
the election nears, the local commercials change. First the candidate is in a suit,
then by end of summer he's in jeans and a nice shirt, by early fall the shirt is
denim, and at harvest time the sleeves of the shirt are rolled up and he's striding
through the ripening wheat making his point to a farmer. The candidate stops just
short of chewing on a stalk of wheat (so as not to appear to be a hayseed, I guess).
It's quite annoying, but I'd pay attention if a candidate would stroll through a
hosta glade, stooping to count veins.