Re: maple roots

Hi all,
There is also the pot method of having hostas under maple trees.
The pots that trees come in(or smaller if you have very small plants) are
wonderful for keeping water in and roots out. I have problems like that under
poplar trees. And i have started putting all my hostas in pots in that area.
 I have also used this year the black cloth and raised bed. Seems to be
working but I keep cutting through the black cloth. Wish I would of put two
layers.....Live and learn.

Paula
Blaine,Mn
Zone 4