Re: hosta 'gypsy rose'

It's a sport of Striptease, smaller, and it appears to have better color. It comes from Jim Anderson at Winterberry Farms, but he says that it did not sport in the lab, but it appears that the plant he was given to tc was the sport.  He was shipping them for some time as Striptease because you can't tell that there is any difference until it's old enough to realize that it isn't as big.  He named it Gypsy Rose.  We have had them for a while and I personally like it better than Striptease.  We will offer them for shipment in the spring.  Check our web site in about a month, give or take.

Roy Dales wrote:

Does anyone know anything about this hosta.  I saw it yesterday at Van Wade's and no one knew anything about it. It looks like a cross between Striptease (yes, I realize this plant is not fertile) and Mary Mary Anne with the plant showing to best characteristics of each. Any information would be appreciated. Sport or hybrid, parentage, who developed it, is it available anywhere? Roy DalesMilton, VT