Re: Maple Trees

Char -
	There is a landscape cloth available that can be used to prevent the tree
roots from coming up into your bed. However, you can not pile too much soil
up on top of the tree roots or they may suffocate. The feeder roots of
trees are in the top 12" to 18" of soil....so they will definitely try to
enter your garden if you do not use a landscape cloth. You will need to
read the descriptions of the cloths, to be sure you buy one that will meet
your needs.

Carolyn