Re: Maple Trees

In a message dated 10/12/2000 4:49:05 PM Central Daylight Time,
quinnell@iquest.net writes:

<< Char -
    There is a landscape cloth available that can be used to prevent the tree
 roots from coming up into your bed. >>

Carolyn...I'm having to garden under four maple trees and it's a constant
fight with the roots.  The hostas are growing quite well but I really have to
put the water to them, of course, I have a sand loam soil also.  Are you
talking about the one that repels the roots and do you know where to get this
landscape cloth? There have been several threads about this cloth but no
mentioned of where it can be purchased.

Lou Holverson
Peoria Hgts, IL
Zone 5