Re: Hosta Phoenix / / / / Endgame

In a message dated 10/19/00 22:15:05 Eastern Daylight Time,
diannthoma@earthlink.net writes:

<< "We are never too old to act
 immature." >>
Good morning, Diann et al:

The quotation is of interest.  Please give us your definition of
"immaturity"?  Not the clinical or the psychological version, but your
definition, please.  How about some of the lurker?  Let's hear your
definition!

A past boss once said to a group of professional scientific type managers,
"It's time we started to play nicely together."  Which ever hosta newsgroup
we belong to, it's composed of a diversity of people from all different walks
of life...general gardeners, hobbyists, professional plantspeople, serious
gardeners who are scienists, serious gardeners who are lawyers, serious
gardeners who are professors, serious gardeners who are
dentists/dermalogists/doctors, and on and on.

People with short term memory loss do not remember that we put our shoes on
the same way...one foot at a time.  Life is too serious.  What's wrong with
some good levity amongst (or is it between?) hostaphiles/hostaholics?  Does
levity equate to immaturity?  Perception is the key....  So some of us do not
float on an even keel.  Does it really matter?

Respect to all...Hostally,

Rich Horowitz
Stoughton MA