Frank Hunyady's (and others request)

  • Subject: Frank Hunyady's (and others request)
  • From: Giboshiman@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 15:44:55 EDT

I have received several e-mails requesting I send this out again.

Seventh Annual
MID-ATLANTIC REGIONAL HOSTA SOCIETY
Hosta-In-Focus Festival
Saturday, November 10, 2001

Think cool. Of course thinking cool also means the seventh annual Hosta-in-Focus Festival. This late fall event is again scheduled at the Fairview Park Marriott, Falls Church, Virginia on Saturday, November 10, 2001. Hosta In Focus is open to all hosta lovers throughout the hosta world.
There is a great line up of hosta experts scheduled for this year's event. First we have Karen Rexrode, President of the Windy Hill Plant Farm, a noted plantswoman, as well as a professional photographer, will provide us with plenty of beautiful photos of perennials to use in our landscapes and ways to take better pictures during her talk on "Landscaping through the Camera Lens."  Kevin Walek will provide us with a discussion of digital cameras and which are best for a variety of different purposes.
Kevin's presentation will segue into two presentations, one by Sandie Markland that will aid everyone in understanding how photos are chosen for The Hosta Journal.  Sandie will be followed by a special presentation by professional magazine layout designer Janet Mills of Mills Design who will show how those photos are then placed into a magazine format.  Janet will also be providing insight into how to layout a magazine or newsletter.  This portion of the day is a must for newsletter editors, or those that are thinking of being newsletter editors.
You will also have an opportunity to learn Hosta Bonsai techniques from Harry Abel, a world-renowned hosta Bonsai artist. If these speakers haven't answered your questions you'll get your chance during the Question and Answer session directed to a Hosta expert panel hosted by Kevin Walek.  And of course there will be an auction of rare and new hostas to help balance the budget.
Then if that were not enough, this fun filled day will conclude with dinner followed by Bob Solberg, President American Hosta Growers Association and Green Hill Farms, Inc. who will weave his magic with a topic to be announced.
In addition, if there is enough interest expressed on the registration forms will attempt to schedule Judging Clinics on Friday night and possibly on Saturday.  Again this will be based upon the demand that is expressed.
Finally, there will be the traditional Hospitality Suite sponsored by the Potomac Hosta Club open both Friday and Saturday evenings where there is always one or two heated debates on hosta growing, sports, or culture.
Don't forget this is also an opportunity for every camera bug to exhibit prints, print albums and slides in the Hosta In Focus Photography Contest. So come on out and join in the Hosta Fun. Remember Think Cool and be at Hosta-In-Focus - VII, November 10, 2000 at the Fairview Park Marriott, Falls Church, Virginia. 1-800-228-9290 or 703-849-9400

Hosta-In-Focus
Festival

Saturday
November 10, 2001

Don't Miss It!
Register Now!

*While we have confirmation from all scheduled speakers, there is always the possibility of change due to unforeseeable circumstances.

HOSTA-IN-FOCUS FESTIVAL REGISTRATION/ENTRY FORM

NAME(S)______________________ NAMES ON NAMETAG_____________________
 (if different)
   ______________________      _____________________

   ______________________      _____________________

STREET ______________________  CITY ___________________ STATE___ ZIP _________

Contact Phone No. _________________________

Please check the categories that apply:

I/We plan to attend I/We plan to enter (if you need contest rules contact
Lunch/Presentations ____ Prints ____    Kevin at the address below)
Hospitality Room ____ Album ____
Optional Dinner ____ Slides ____

I plan to donate hostas to the auction (names__________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________

If they were offered, I would be interested in attending, (indicate preference for day of class, e.g., Friday night, Saturday, Sunday morning):
Judges Clinic I _____
Judges Clinic II _____
Judges Clinic III _____

I/we plan to stay at the hotel (these reservations must be made with the hotel directly say your are with the Hosta group)  _____

FEES X NO. OF PEOPLE = TOTAL THIS ITEM

REGISTRATION (DAYTIME
SPEAKERS AND LUNCHEON) $60 X

DINNER AND
SPEAKER $45 X

ENTRY FEE (NON-
ATTENDEES
WHO WISH TO
ENTER CONTEST)   $5 X

ENCLOSED IS A CHECK FOR GRAND TOTAL  ______________

PLEASE MAIL THIS FORM AND CHECK MADE OUT TO:
MID-ATLANTIC REGIONAL HOSTA SOCIETY
KEVIN P. WALEK, 9122 JOHN WAY, FAIRFAX STATION, VA 22039-3042

Kevin P. Walek