Re: Alfalfa

  • Subject: Re: Alfalfa
  • From: "Township" <township@acbm.qc.ca>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 09:05:55 -0400

Yes, Rejean, I use it.  I used it on iris before I tried it on hostas.  The first year I used it on iris, the results were outstanding, since I always had a hard time growing them.  I have found with hostas, it has promoted very good strong faster growth.  In the spring, I can tell which plants received it, and which didn't.  I don't know if my method of application is the best, but I try to add some to my planting hole for new hostas, and scatter a handfull or 2 around established plants in the fall.   Daylillies don't seem to mind it either.
Since I've been using it, I don't bother with any other types of fertilizer, besides a little horse manure.  I like the results.
Smile
Barbara

mail to:  "township@acbm.qc.ca"