Re: Observation........

  • Subject: Re: Observation........
  • From: CCREDUX@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 11:53:46 EDT

In a message dated 10/6/2001 8:16:50 AM Central Daylight Time, JMFLIES@aol.com writes:

:    JMFLIES@aol.com
Sender:    owner-hosta-open@mallorn.com
To:    hosta-open@mallorn.com

Last spring I started with two plants of Savannah.  I planted one in the garden and the other in a container on my deck.  I just recently decided to get the one in the container planted in the gardens.  In doing this, I couldn't believe the root system on the container plant.  It was massive.

Hi Joyce,
Would you tell us what was the composition of the soil in the container. Are your containers clay or something else? Also, do you leave hostas in pots thru the winter?If so, how do you protect them.?
Thanks,

Clyde Crockett z5 Indy IN