From: EntICE11@aol.com [mailto:EntICE11@aol.com]
Sent: Saturday, October 06, 2001 11:10 AM
To: hosta-open@mallorn.com
Subject: Re: Observation........

Jack and Gary,
Thanks for taking the time to get back to us...
All my plants took a big hit last night...at 26 degrees they are all
frozen. Guess it is time to take the leaves off.
I just got  your last shipment(thank you) in the ground in time. But the
nursery has to be put down.
I have always found that some of the hostas people have trouble
with..are ones that make it in my sandy soil. Good drainage? But the
root systems are not the size of the ones I have been sent, or
And this year they were threatened.
Is there any thing you all put on your hostas to encourage the root
Greg and Trish...you all back from Hosta in Focus yet?