Re: Observation

My containers go into our unheated garage.  I put a little snow on the containers once a month for moisture.  Nothing else.

Floyd
At 09:24 AM 10/7/01 -0400, you wrote:
In a message dated 10/6/2001 8:55:40 PM Central Daylight Time, rogers4@ix.netcom.com writes:

I've had a lot of good results both growing and overwintering in containers.

Hi Floyd,

How do you protect the plants in the winter? I have overwintered containered hostas with only mixed success. Method used was to lie pots at about a 45 degree angle with the ground (patio) and cover with hay or straw. What is the best method? Do you or does anyone else put the pots in an unheated shed (garage)?
Many thanks,
Clyde Crockett z5 Indy (brrrrrrrrr) IN