RE: Observation

  • Subject: RE: Observation
  • From: "Helen" <msbucky@home.com>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 11:20:20 -0400

hay or straw. What is the best method? Do you or does anyone else put the pots in an unheated shed (garage)?
Many thanks,
Clyde Crockett z5 Indy (brrrrrrrrr) IN

Hello Clyde

I'm in zone 6 but last year was pretty bad, more like a 5.  Last year the pots were placed in plastic bags to keep the moisture in and stopred in the garage (unheated). Out of about 30 or so small plants (mostly in 1 gallon pots) I lost one - Blue Shadows.  I'm convinced it's because it was too wet going in.  This year they will be much dryer.