Re: Hosta foliage types

  • Subject: Re: Hosta foliage types
  • From: "Bill Meyer" <njhosta@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 08:42:21 -0000

Hi Joe,
          Jim Hawes did some experiments along these lines as he was in the
position of having a house in Florida as well as the one in Maryland. He's
probably reading this and preparing a reply, so I'll let him explain his
          Your turn at bat, Jim......

           Joe, what climate did the evergreen daylily species come from?
How do they perform in temperate climates? What happens when they are bred
with deciduous types? Do you think hosta show any similar characteristics to
daylily foliage?

.............Bill Meyer