Re: systemic acquired resistance (SAR).

  • Subject: Re: systemic acquired resistance (SAR).
  • From: "Dan Nelson" <sussextreeinc@ce.net>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 11:10:06 -0400

Hi Glen,
A few years ago I read about trees responding to insect damage by releasing pheromones into the air and these pheromones triggering neighboring trees to respond by increasing levels of chemicals in their systems that inhibit insect attack. So....trees communicate with each other with airborne pheromones. I found this to be very interesting. If I come across this information again I will send it out.
It seems to me that many thing that appear supernatural in nature have natural explanations when science digs deep enough. We have just scratched the surface and already our would is stranger than we can comprehend. It's hard to imagine what lies ahead.

DAN  Thanks for sharing this article. Fascinating. Seems to put a  wrinkle
in "planned" natural selection.

"If only words would keep their meaning and live up to their promise...or
is it me?"
Glen Williams
20 Dewey St.
Springfield , Vermont