Re: watering looking leaves after frost, and frost in zone 7 already?

  • Subject: Re: watering looking leaves after frost, and frost in zone 7 already?
  • From: "Dan Nelson" <sussextreeinc@ce.net>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 09:47:08 -0400

Hi Cindy,
Our normal frost free season here in Bridgeville DE., zone 7, is from April 20th until October 20th. This year we were hit with record lows down to 26f two nights in a row about a week ago. I hate when that happens. I have two fig trees and they are loaded with figs and only a few have ripened......once frost kills the fig leaves.....it brings fig harvest to an end in a few days. I think I'll move to a little warmer climate. I wonder how figs do in the Atlanta area?

Dan