RE: watering looking leaves after frost, and frost in zone 7 already?

  • Subject: RE: watering looking leaves after frost, and frost in zone 7 already?
  • From: "Mary Chastain" <MC_hosta@Bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 13:31:51 -0400

Dan, Sorry about your figs. Ours get frozen almost every year. The are just getting ready to ripen. Tonight will freeze them. Now if I were near the city instead up here on the north side of the lake they would probably be just fine. The growing season in Chattanooga is almost a month longer than mine. Compared to us they have two weeks in the spring and another in the fall when frost doesn't bother them. I am only 18 miles from the heart of town. We are in what is marked a cold pocket on the forestry maps. I have discovered it is also known as a dry pocket. If I had this life to live over, I would study maps like that before buying land and building a garden.
Mary