Re: watering looking leaves after frost, and frost in zone 7 already?

  • Subject: Re: watering looking leaves after frost, and frost in zone 7 already?
  • From: EntICE11@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 17:21:00 EDT

I have never heard of those maps, wish I had...but I built here before gardening was important to me.
I can definatly sympathize with you.

While my hostas are down for the season...across town Kim and Cindy's are doing much better.
I can register a 10 degree difference between the posted city temp and temp's in my back yard. Downtown Minneapolis is only 20 miles from me.
I have had at least 3 hard frosts already. We even had snow already.

This year the spring was wet...and the fall isn't doing too bad.
but the summer was very very dry. And with all this sand...Jeez.
I can tell you which hostas do better with dry feet...

Figs do very well in Vista, Calif. I used to have one in my front yard.