RE: watering looking leaves after frost, and frost in zone 7 already?

  • Subject: RE: watering looking leaves after frost, and frost in zone 7 already?
  • From: "Mary Chastain" <MC_hosta@Bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 18:26:22 -0400

Paula I did not know about the maps until one of my customers told me about them. He manages the forest for a large paper company so of course he has the maps. He only lives about 10 miles from me but he was smart enough to choose his garden sight carefully.  I can have a hard freeze and his plants have no damage. Sometimes it really hurts. This is one case of what you don't know can hurt you.

Today I took cuttings from the garden. I try to carry over a few of the ones that I enjoy the most. I also gathered about 5 gallons of sweet pepper and 3 figs.
Mary