Re: Nematode free: Fact or Hoax?

  • Subject: Re: Nematode free: Fact or Hoax?
  • From: "Ransom Lydell" <ranbl@netsync.net>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 11:34:04 -0400

Chick

When I first spotted nematodes in my garden, I decided to try systemics.  I have used Orthene, Orthinex and others with very good (but never absoulote) results.  I think the best material has been the dry , granular  systemic chemicals.  I have been using these twice or three times a season.  and once started, I couninur their use each year on a given plant.  In most cases, ( it has not seemed to work well on Gold Standard) the plants "stay clean"  That does not mean I hav eliminated them, only controlled them.  This kind of approach in very expensive for large scale use.

Thanks

Ran

Some thoughts about nematodes...

I always wondered if systemic insecticides like Orthene and others wouldn't also have some effect on nematodes.

Chick