Re: overwintering plants in a compost pile

  • Subject: Re: overwintering plants in a compost pile
  • From: "Township" <township@acbm.qc.ca>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 20:14:35 -0400

Cindy
Thank you for the info.
What you relayed is actually something I have thought about doing, but always at the wrong time and then forgotten when the time is right.  I have an area between the house and shed which accumulates leaves and I always rake in a few more (tons more!!!).  It also has a overhang from a balcony, and I noticed the last couple of years that the earth never really freezes hard in that area.  I always notice this in the early spring, but forget about it this time of the year.  It would be a great place to nestle a few more tender plants.
Now that the its fresh in my mind, I will put it to use!  I think I will lay down some bait, just in case.
Perfect timing, thanks again.
Smile
Barbara

mail to:  "township@acbm.qc.ca"