Re: laevigata

  • Subject: Re: laevigata
  • From: CCREDUX@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 18:04:52 EDT

In a message dated 10/27/2001 11:39:16 AM Central Daylight Time, njhosta@hotmail.com writes:

C Tuttle wrote:

One wrote: {I don't think it is a species, and if I
> remember right, I think George says the same in an old Journal article.

That is strange. Georg named it as the Alex Summers Distinguished Merit Hosta and spelt it " H. laevigata " ( Parens mine) indicating a species. When did he change his mind?
I remember a talk by Solberg at one of the Midwest Regionals---I asked whether at one point in time there was only one species. He was quick to respond that there were probably 2 some 50, 000 years ago. What does this mean, if it is true?

Clyde Crockett z5 Indianapolis IN