more on radiation by postal service

  • Subject: more on radiation by postal service
  • From: "Hank Zumach" <zumach@execpc.com>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 12:47:10 -0600

Here is another posting on the Shade Gardens site that just came in by margaret Lauterbach.
Cross posting from another list...
Ok campers,
I delved into the subject of these Gamma (and x-ray irradiators) with Doug
Huston head of the State of Oregon Department of Energy (Nucleur Safety).
Sit down.
You remember my chart of dosages- what causes mutations/ what causes death.
My worst fears are being confirmed.
He is talking exposures in Krads and had even heard of a Megarad dosage.

This will kill:
All seed
All plants
All animals and pets

This will scramble:
Credit Cards
Computers, PDAs
All magnetic media

This will expose:
Any undeveloped film.

My suggestion of a lead-lined film pouch for protection was put aside.  Two
of lead would be required to protect from these dosages.

We will persevere, but until this lunacy ends -use UPS or Fed-Ex or DHL.
(then again, how many
tainted packages would it take to force them to use the same equipment?)

How many liberties are we willing to give up?
Doug said the US Post Office is the place to respond.
What is YOUR response?

>Hope this is off topic to the various lists..
>If you are concerned why not contact your favorite seed source and
>confirm their findings.
Hank Zumach
Stoddard, WI