RE: Seed setting / Asian Pearl?

  • Subject: RE: Seed setting / Asian Pearl?
  • From: "Pinterics, Michael W (MED)" <Michael.Pinterics@med.ge.com>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 19:04:28 -0600

Narda-

I am thinking you might be refering to H. Silk Kimono.  And
yes it is a beautiful plant but these two are very diff.

As Pat said it is a Bill Janssen intro from Collector's Nursery
out of Battleground, WA.  Bill has intro'd some unusual hosta,
H. Mutant Ninja to name one, also H. Collector's Banner.

I had tried to order direct a couple yrs ago and was unable to
get a response.  This past year Naylor Creek offered OS of it
for a compareable price, so I ordered it.  The Collector's
Nursery Site, had more history on it, I believe.  I really
don't know much else about it's parantage.  As it is new this
year I am not sure all of the characteristics are fully
developed.  At the moment it, what's left of it, looks a bit
like a Undulata.  When I received it this spring it was
pure white.

I was hoping that somebody might have  a bit more info on
it as well.  So far looks like no luck.

Mike
Milwaukee