Re: .exe attachments

  • Subject: Re: .exe attachments
  • From: "Bill Meyer" njhosta@hotmail.com
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 08:50:39 -0400

Hi Betsy,
        I keep Norton AV up to date here and it caught W32.Bugbear@mm among
the viruses that showed up here in the last few days. More info here --
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.bugbear@mm.html
-- read that and then scan to see if you have it on your machine. It looks
pretty easy to remove.
       ".exe"s are program executable files. All programs have them. You
don't want to mess with those. If you think you have a virus, run a scan and
identify it, then use the removal tool or procedure for that particular
virus. Chances are pretty good it's the "Bugbear" one. If you still have the
E-mail with the virus in it, forward it to virus_support@mcafee.com and it
will bounce off their automatic checking software and come back in seconds
with the virus identified.

............Bill Meyer