Re: Seeds and Maturation (for John Christensen etcetera)

  • Subject: Re: Seeds and Maturation (for John Christensen etcetera)
  • From: Bill Nash raffi@sympatico.ca
  • Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 22:25:17 -0400

JOHNNY Christensen...U would not believe, how much you have intrigued me
(i.e. frazzled my brain?) by your writing:

QUOTE; John Christensen wrote: ***on another forum someone reported that
Ran Lydell had successfully done this. ***

The above quotation: is simply amazing news, if in fact the information
about Ransom Lydell is true; and I have no reason, to doubt it.  What this
may mean to everyone here, if Ran will share his expertise with us; is
that, Ransom Lydell may hold the very key to the information related to the
topics and questions we've been debating for the past few days; and which,
was started by questions from Glen Williams originally.

By Ransom Lydell, successfully pollinating a cut off hosta-scape; and then,
bringing this seed-pod into maturity, with seed germination after that --
THEN -- Ran may very well have the answers to the following questions:

1)...regarding the *liquid solution* the flower stem (scape) was put into
to ripen the seed-pod:
          WHAT WAS IT EXACTLY?

2)...regarding the time period it took to ripen this seed-pod:
           PERHAPS RANSOM REMEMBERS, THE EXACT TIME IT TOOK TO HAVE VIABLE
SEEDS?

This is very INTRIGUING?...INDEED!
...how bout it Ransom...you gonna tell us more?
  U!..genius'Ur? <g>

I remain hosta'ly,

"Bill Nash Guelph Ontario Canada Zone 4" <raffi@sympatico.ca>
---