Re: European shipments

  • Subject: Re: European shipments
  • From: "Jack & Gary" naylorck@olypen.com
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 21:32:57 -0700

Hi Chick,
Mary is right...the shipments are not that expensive...don't use UPS as they
won't ship plants out of the country anyway (that's what we've been told
here).  We use International Express Mail...you can get prices at
USPS.com...do remember you'd need a phyto, don't know what they cost back
there but we can usually get them for $28.  With the post office you can
track your package as they will give you a number...we usually figure 6-8
days to Europe...did some to Japan this year and they were about $80 for 20
pounds.  At this time of the year with the plants barerooted and chopped
they will travel for a long period without any detriment so really wouldn't
worry about overnight...they ain't comin back for a few months and will have
plenty of time to readjust.
Should you just not want to deal with it I know Marco Fransen in Holland
ships and so do the Bowdens in England...also a new one in Northern
Ireland--Bali-Hai Nursery...if you need any further info on any of them I
can get it for you.
Later
Gary & Jack
Naylor Creek Nursery