Re: Goat Manure ?

  • Subject: Re: Goat Manure ?
  • From: "Bill Meyer" njhosta@hotmail.com
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 20:46:26 -0400

Hi Glen,
       I'm sure the neighbors have offered a few suggestions of what you can
do with it by now :-) Just what, may I ask, are you planning to do with so
much former goat food?
        I really have no idea what the answer to your question might be, but
I remember my grandmother covering pots of cooking soup to "keep the
goodness in". I don't think that's really the same thing though.
        Once on a gardening show from England, I saw someone cook a ham by
burying it in a steaming compost pile, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't goat
manure.
        In the days before central heating, some farmers used to pile manure
against the sides of their houses so the heat of decomposition would warm
their homes. They probably didn't get along with the neighbors very well
either.
        Somehow, the phrases "extremely green and fresh" and "I have
recently been playing in it" make me start to worry.
                                                   .........Bill Meyer