Re: Free Seed

  • Subject: Re: Free Seed
  • From: "Bill Nash" raffi@sympatico.ca
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 14:44:56 -0400

TO MY 'FREE *HOSTASEED* DARLINS'

Presently, I am busy -- collecting, drying; and doing my cleaning prep-work of
hostaseed, all of which, goes into frozen storage here (to maximize
germination?) when this seed collecting is done. This means, I shall respond
to every email which came/comes to me via raffi@sympatico.ca, asking me to
mail on my *FREE HOSTASEED OFFER* (as stated below this email).  THIS WILL
HAPPEN,  when my hostaseed collecting job is done...

<(SUBNOTE)> -- I would like to make clear, the criteria related to my 'Free
Hostaseed Offer" just to make sure,  there are no mis-understandings and
everyone understands perfectly.
-- THIS IS NOT: a first come first served basis,  free hostaseed offer, but
rather,  is open at anytime to anyone.. now and evermore:
--->> HOWEVER? <<---

-- My FREE offer: is only open to *NEWBIE - hosta-seedling growers*; and the
word "NEWBIE" (by my translation?); means that, this is not a free
hostaseed-ride to anyone whom has grown hosta-seeds previously, or before
now.

-- If someone does not know where to begin; and has no hostaseed to grow,  but
does have a passion to grow hostas from seed, then they are welcome to get my
advise/help and this includes "seed" from me... FOR FREE?  If you are simply
looking for good potential hostaseed to grow, obtained as cheaply as possible,
then I would suggest/advise you to try:  www.ebay.com and to do a search on
the word "HOSTA".  The website, known as: www.hostalibrary.org -- is also into
hostaseed-auctions, very often.

AND by the way, to anyone: whom has sent me an email asking for my free seeds,
please be advised, that I need a mailing address to mail into, in the event,
you did not provide this?

I hope we have a clear understanding, whom my free hostaseed offer is aimed
at,  ( THE NEWBIE ) and I thank you all kindly for your interest.  I would
love to help anyone who wants to know how to grow hostas from seed?  I AM  and
remain...

hosta sincerely yours

William Nash
aka "hostaseed" at www.ebay.com
157 Harvard Road,
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
N1G 4L3

telephone: 519-767-1221

SUBNOTE TO THE EXPERIENCED HOSTA SEEDLING GROWERS

Many years ago, some hosta-enthusiasts (and myself?) put together a 'Hosta
Seedling Growers Group' on Internet; having a main intent of supplying
information and seeds required: to accomplish good hosta growing from seed;
and this, was open to the whole world of hostadom.  The participants and
controlling parties within this group, where known as *HOSTA-LOVE-CLAN* (I
won't mention names of  participating people tho'.).  This whole matter and
business of free hostaseed and advise: got to go "way out of hand" and needed
to be scrubbed via *SELF DESTRUCTION* -- and subsequently -- it was!

BUT perhaps, me-thinks, there is a need to resurrect such an
Internet-objective... at this time? << Dunno? -- Don't Care! >>  Let's simply
call it: *hosta'SEED'lin'GROWIN'love-CLAN* for lack of better wording?.. and
I'd be happy to see any thoughts anyone may have on this kind of a
notion/project and what kind of help/participation they might be willing to
give to warrant this? { PRIVATELY TO:  raffi@sympatico.ca  -- or otherwise,
openly?}  *** LAUGH MOTIVATED ONLY *** <<am I serious or what?>> B>))

HOSTASEED?..SENDS ME-BEST-THOUGHTS!..TO'HOSTALOVES? <<< ALL >>>

take care and BE HAPPY