Hi John
If I remember well the uses of grex or strain or similar words is not
allowed anymore for naming cultivars Only in orchids it is
still allowed as there it has a long history . Further If you want a
cover name for a certain group of related plants you can give it a
cultivar-group name like Hosta 'Janet' (Fortunei Group) as I did for
most hosta sports
Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Institute of Biology,Leiden University, Clusius lab
Wassenaarse weg 64, 2333 AL Leiden, The Netherlands
Fax: +31-71-5274999. min temp -10(-15)C (10F)