RE: foliar nematodes

  • Subject: RE: foliar nematodes
  • From: michael shelton <wilddog_202@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 06:24:12 -0700 (PDT)

Greg I'm still looking for the exact reference but I
have found that the University of Arizona and Oregon
State University have done work on the effect of
compost tea. The organisms produced in compost tea
take up the spaces on plant leaves and roots that
would be used by bad organisms and out compete with
problem organisms. The reference was that parasitic
nematodes feed on plant eating nematodes.

A rose site advises using compost tea to control black
spot. The bad organisms put off substances that black
spot fungus attacks. Replace bad with good organisms
limiting the food for black spot fungus.

=====