Re: getting ready for winter

  • Subject: Re: getting ready for winter
  • From: "Bill Nash" raffi@sympatico.ca
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 15:05:31 -0400

-- MY DEAR HOSTA LOVERS ALL -- some of us are already -- **VERY READY for
whin'TER** (and WINTER was mis-spelt whin'ter, on purpose herein?).. and to
W. George Schmid's GOOD INSIGHT, it is well noted, with thanks.

 I would personally like to thank everyone, for all input; and I would like
to add my own "two cents worth?" to this 'WINTER-READY'ing?<-debate/talk->.
Just a bit of my own thinking?>>---like for example----> ***THE MOST
IMPRESSIVE HOSTA-GROWING-SITE WHICH I'VE EVER SEEN ANYWHERE???** (but then,
I don't get around much anymore?) -- was my visitation to A Wade & Gatton
Nursery, in Bellville Ohio USA (and this was back in the year 1995) >>===all
of their plant-material==> looked quite *SUPER-LUSH* <<simply stated, and to
say the least?>>.  I was told, that this Nursery,
super-nutrient-injects-fertilizer (with every watering?) and this, I am very
much in favour of; and by/from my-seeing such
*UNBELIEVABLY-DELICIOUS-lushious-results* i.e..(that is to say).. ALL hostas
at their Nursery were LUSH?...  As one example, 'Sum and Substance' hosta --
looked like it was LIKE ten feet wide, ACROSS?

Now, AND at this time of the year <in-Guelph's-(my neck of the woods?> we've
already seen several FROSTY nights; and it is most disheartening for me to
have to admit & say; that I'm thinking -- our summer gardening joyfulness
for year 2005 is now over --> <I MUST REMEMBER?> -- to disconnect
ME-fertilizer-injectors; to put away rubber hoses... TO TURN "ON"
(ye-ole-forced-air/electric-heating-systems, inside our IGLOO, and LET'S get
with it, by getting ready for HALLOWEEN and SNOWTIME's a'coming.. else we
get caught wit our pants down
 :>(( eh?

Y'ALL STAY WARM & HAPPY NOW! -- <<<N'laugh-a-lot TOO>>> -- u hear?
B>))
FROM: bill nash'guelph'ontario'canada'zone-3