RE: getting ready for winter

  • Subject: RE: getting ready for winter
  • From: ranbl@netsync.net
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 15:14:56 -0400 (EDT)

George
You are highlighting a very important facet That being, that we grow
hostas in a much more diverse climate, here than in Japan.  So since we
have condtions here ( along lake Erie)We can in most cases emulate the
way it works in Japan.  I would love to test your thoughts on growing
under Magnolia Grandiflora  Just one small problem ~~ M.G. dosn't seem
to live her for very long.  Perhaps you have a good point RE: "Southern
Blight: as I am sure it overwinters as spores held locally in the
surface area.
Thanks
Ran Lydell
In Cool & Wet Western NY

 A newcomer may not know and find out too late that Southern