Real Hosta Question

  • Subject: Real Hosta Question
  • From: gw1944@vermontel.net (Glen Williams)
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 10:36:47 -0400

Hi Hosta Folks,

Just got 12 H. 'Deja Blue' liners. The leaves have been cut off. I have
never had plants this late. I would like to take the dirt off the roots,
dry them a bit , and pop them in the fridge for the winter in a sealed
plastic container. Have never done this, but have no desire to plant them
in the ground outside. Any advice would be appreciated.

I know that dry root sellers in the spring have a special process but I
have never asked what it was.

Snow flakes in the air, a freezing rain, and threats of 60 MPH winds this
afternoon. Just another October day in Vermont. :-)

A grenade fell onto a kitchen floor in France,resulted in Linoleum Blownapart.
Glen Williams
20 Dewey St.
Springfield , Vermont
Tel: 802-885-2839