Re: Blue Ice

At 12:31 PM 10/1/98 EDT, you wrote:
>I have found that you need at least 5 different sources for hostas to compare
>prices.  Then you have to know about the quality and quantity of the plants
>that the suppliers usually send

Wade and Gatton's sends divisions, sometimes more than one eye, but I have
had problems with them sending plants that are true-to-type.  They did not
respond to my inquiries about setting the matter straight.  Savory's sells
both divisions and TCs (their catalogues note which are which), and has
very friendly customer service people and prompt resolution of any
problems.  Both sell healthy, beautiful plants.

Sheila Smith
mikecook@pipeline.com
Niles, MI  USA, Z 5/6