Predatory Nematodes

At 01:21 PM 10/6/98 EDT, you wrote:
> their catalogue is on its way to
>me. (Shelia, if it contains any useful info, I will post it on to you).
Thanks, Glen.  The product (predatory nematodes) I used a few years ago
came in a grainy-powder form (from Gardens Alive!), then was wetted and
sprayed on all garden areas.  I was trying to control a nematode that had
invaded my broccoli patch.  An additional bonus was that June bug and
Japanese beetle larvae decreased considerably; the company claimed the
product would do that, but I didn't put any store in their claims.  I still
have not had a recurrance of root-knot nematodes, although apparently one
must use predatory nematodes yearly to control beetle grubs.

The 'powder' probably was a clay binder containing live nematodes.  I
didn't realize they were microscopic.

Sheila Smith
Niles, MI  USA, Z 5/6