I'd guess that Cindy received the check, thought you had really meant to send
it to the AHS but addressed it incorrectly - So the SECOND error in this
comedy of errors was that she changed the name on the check..  Of course the
third error was the bank(s) allowing the check to be cleared.  Notice I said
banks since the bank used by the AHS and the bank used by Gary BOTH allowed
the check to clear.

I'd REALLY be concerned if Cindy had changed the name on the check to her
name, which would indicate she was trying to gain from this, however, she
stood to gain nothing..  Gary, I'd talk to your bank and try to find out how
they are going to prevent this from happening again - obviously they need to
either put a procedure in place or find out why they failed to catch it this
time...Just think Gary, you could tell your wife you helped your bank avoid a
potentially serious situation by suggesting they tighten up their manual
procedures.   And for gosh sakes, don't let anyone tell you "We''re sorry, but
the error was caused by a computer!.."  Manual procedures are still the
backbone of any automated system.

Ronnie - Partner - Dewey, Cheatem & Howe